Unistik 3 Comfort - NEW
Unistik® 3 Comfort
Unistik® 3 Comfort is a single-use safety lancet designed for easy and comfortable blood sampling at home.
Available to buy in boxes of 50, 100 & 200 they are suitable for regular blood testing, including blood glucose monitoring.
Unistik® 3 Comfort for regular blood sampling
- Specifically designed to reduce pain in capillary blood sampling
- Ideal for patients to use at home or whilst travelling
- Suitable for use by healthcare professionals in a multi-patient setting
- Perfect for frequent use, e.g. blood glucose testing for diabetes
- Lancets can also be used to collect blood for other tests e.g. cholesterol and haemoglobin
- Single-use, sterile safety lancet
- 28 gauge lancet
- 1.8mm depth penetration
How to collect blood using Unistik® 3 Comfort
A. TWIST off and discard the lancet cap. Use the alignment guide to accurately position where the device will activate
B. Press Unistik® 3 against the finger and PRESS the release button. A simple one-click action activates the safety lancet and allows you to decide when to activate, keeping you in control of the sampling experience.
C. DISPOSE of the used Unistik® 3 in a suitable sharps container.
Benefits of the Unistik® 3 safety lancets
Control: An activation button and clear alignment guide means that the user is in full control
Comfort: Our Patented Comfort Zone Technology® maximises comfort and reduces pain during blood sampling
Safety: The needle retracts immediately after firing which reduces the risk of needlestick injuries. A lock out indicator also stops the device from being reused.
Virtually pain-free blood sampling
The Unistik 3 uses the patented Comfort Zone Technology to reduce pain, resulting in a more comfortable experience for the user. The Unistik 3 has eight raised pressure points on the end of the safety lancet which send a signal of comfort to the brain, helping to reduce the pain associated with taking a blood sample.
1. Melzack, R. and Wall, P. (1982). The Challenge of Pain. England: Penguin Books.
2. Dewland, P. and Edwards, C. (2007). A single-blind, randomised, 8-way crossover study to compare the blood volume and pain perception of capillary blood sampling. UK [link?]
A variety of information and user guides can be downloaded from our resources section. These include:
Other safety lancets in the Unistik 3 range
The range offers a choice of different depth and gauge (thickness) specifications enabling you to choose the right lancet for different environments and blood sampling requirements. The lower the gauge, the larger the perforation the lancet makes, e.g, a 21-gauge lancet will make a larger puncture hole in your skin than a 28-gauge lancet.