Amielle dilators were designed to provide a gentle self-treatment option for women experiencing painful sexual intercourse (Amielle Comfort), and to help women alleviate medical conditions affecting the vaginal structure, following radiotherapy to the vagina, cervix or pelvis (Amielle Care). Amielle sets come in a discreet bag, and offer effective treatment in the privacy and comfort of your own home, where you can dictate the pace of treatment. These products are also available on prescription.
A self treatment option for painful sexual intercourse. Designed in conjunction with psychosexual therapists, Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators help women to familiarise themselves with their body, helping to build confidence at a pace that they decide suits them best.
Amielle Comfort vaginal dilators offer women the opportunity to take an active role in their treatment of sexual disorders such as vaginismus and dyspareunia. Using an Amielle Comfort vaginal dilator will help to gently prepare for sexual intercourse through 'training' of the vagina to get used to the sensation of penetration.
- Dyspareunia is described as the experience of pain before, during or after sexual intercourse. Dyspareunia (painful sex) can be triggered by a few medical causes, including infections of the vagina, cervix, fallopian tubes or lower urinary tract, childbirth-associated scarring, endometriosis, radiotherapy, prolapsed womb, allergies to lubricants/latex condoms or diaphragms/spermicidal creams and stress.
- Painful intercourse can also be caused by a condition called Vaginismus where the muscles of the vagina go into involuntary spasm in response to an attempt at penetration.
The set includes:
- 5 graduated dilators (Diameters 1.5cm, 2cm, 2,5cm, 3cm and 3.5cm)
- A universal secure-locking handle to make dilator insertion and removal easier
- Sylk lubricant; free of parabens, hormones and harmful chemicals
- Instructions for use
Sylk Natural Lubricant
Sylk has been carefully selected for use with Amielle sets. Sylk relieves vaginal dryness, and is perfect whenever that little bit of extra comfort is required.
Sylk is made from natural ingredients including a unique plant extract – the kiwifruit vine gum, which replicates the vagina’s natural pH balance and is very similar to natural lubrication. The formulation is free of parabens, hormones and harmful chemicals, and can be used safely every day. It is safe to use with internal or external hormone based contraceptives, HRT, when pregnant and breastfeeding.