Security & Privacy
Medical Shop is a web based service from Owen Mumford Limited. Owen Mumford Limited (“us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will retain data about you which is obtained as a result of your visiting our website at www.medicalshop.co.uk (the “Website”). This data may be:
- personal data, our collection and use of which is governed by this Policy.
If you have not already read our Website Terms & Conditions, please do so by clicking here
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Owen Mumford Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01257871 and have our registered office at Brook Hill, Woodstock, Oxfordshire OX20 1TU. We are VAT registered under number GB195 9293 07.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or otherwise by contacting us using the contact details provided on the Website.
- This information may include your name, address, date of birth, email address and any other information you provide to us when contacting us for any other reason;
- information that you provide to create an account on the Website;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, files downloaded, weblogs and other communication data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Where We Store your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on the servers of our respective hosting service providers. We may change hosting service providers from time to time, and our servers may be located outside the EEA. On that basis, the information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our affiliates or suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the conduct of marketing and CRM services or the provision of support services to us. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to correspond with you and to address any queries you may raise through our Website;
- to enable your access to certain areas of our Website (including access to our educational support information);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
If we wish to use your data for marketing purposes, we will inform you (before collecting your data) and either request your consent or, if permitted by law, provide you with the opportunity to opt out. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “unsubscribe” on any marketing emails you receive from us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who provide us with hosting services;
- who provide us with marketing and customer relationship management services;
- who provide us with logistics and fulfilment services;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our
- customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to
- enforce or apply our Website Terms of Service or any other terms or agreements.
Status of this Policy and Your Consent
Where consent is required for our use of your information, by submitting your information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy; and if you disclose someone else's information to us, you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it in accordance with this policy.
If you provide us with your sensitive personal data (for example, any physical or mental health or condition) you expressly consent to us using that data and disclosing it to our service providers for the purpose given. If you disclose someone else's sensitive personal data to us you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it to the relevant service providers for the purpose given.
Security of Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the education support information available to download from our Website, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone, or store it in a way that may allow a third party to access it.
Retaining Your Information
You can request deletion of your personal data from our database by emailing us.
The Act and current data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act or any other current data protection legislation.
The Website may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, or other third parties, including links to our social media pages hosted by third-party providers such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google and YouTube. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites are operated by third parties and have their own privacy policies governing the use of any personal data you submit through those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of your personal data by those third parties or under or in connection with those privacy policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data through those websites.